Sunday, September 6, 2015

I really wanted to like it!



My main reason for wanting to read this book was purely the title.  With  my husband and I planning our anniversary trip to Paris, I wanted to be surrounded with all things Parisian.  As I sat down to read it I was instantly lost... and not in a good way.  This book was difficult to follow and I couldn't quite understand who was talking and what it was about.  Perhaps it may be my lack of being "well-read" since I majored in Economics in college but I just couldn't get into it.  By the end of the book I was utterly lost and didn't enjoy it as much as I desperately wanted to.

Many of the characters were interesting and well written and I really liked the idea of The Little Paris Bookshop.  Having never been to Paris I felt I was transported there by her descriptions of the floating bookshop... but the story had me lost, completely and utterly lost.  I hope to pick this book up again one day and see if it is something I can grasp.  Perhaps I rushed into my whole Parisian themed life before I was ready to understand.  I may read it while in Paris or maybe when I return.

** I received this book free by participating in the Blogging for Books program.

No comments:

Post a Comment