Friday, October 6, 2017

Could not put it down...



I am one of those people who really, really want to be a reader.  So getting myself to read is a hard task.  But this book was so easy and quick to read.  I loved every second of it.  The author describes the scenery so well that you feel a chill go up your back as you are reading about the winter scenes.  He uses words that are quick and easy to read, adding just enough detail without going overboard.

I loved the characters.  Both Ben and Ashley are beautifully complicated and flawed.  Since this book is written from the voice of Ben, I found myself constantly needing reminding that it was a man speaking... apparently most of the books I read are from a female perspective.  I really loved the flow and simplicity of this book.  Each step that the characters took, I took.  When they cried, I cried.  I tried so hard to keep my Christian perspective during some of the scenes, and even found myself angry with the characters.

The author does a great job of inputting God and Christian values throughout this book.  They aren't loud and shoved in your face but rather subtle.  He adds a human touch to them.  We all face hard times in our marriages and life and I think he did a great job of addressing these subjects and keeping God there.  I would highly recommend this book!

** This book was given to me to review by Blogging for Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment