Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Keto Reset Diet



After many years of my friend touting the Keto Diet I decided to give it a try.  The only problem... I am a former vegan and current vegetarian.  I never had an aversion to meat but when my doctor said I had high cholesterol I did something about it and became vegan for 2 years a lower it to normal... but I digress.

I was excited to start this diet with my husband.  He had heard about it and was equally excited.  I read the book and made some coconut oil and butter pucks for my coffee (which is pretty darn good). The author does a great job of explaining the science behind the diet. He put it in easy to understand format and made all those big science-y words not so scary. But when it came time to make the food I froze. I honestly didn't make any of it due to the cost of the diet itself.

I am not opposed to spending money on food but when you come from feeding your family nothing but fruits and veggies for 2 years and jump into a meat and fat laden diet it becomes a huge pill to swallow. Most of the recipes looked great and I will hand onto the book and possibly try them but as for now we just can't do this diet.  I have passed it onto friends who have been successful with it and for that I would recommend this book.

I guess one day I hope to be able to give this reset diet a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment